We conduct loss adjusting investigations and handle losses arising during:
Products Liability Insurance;
Third Party Liability Insurance;
Environmental Liability Insurance;
Professional Liability Insurance.
The presence in the loss adjusting team of own dedicated specialists (engineers specializing in different spheres, construction experts and quantity surveyors, assessors, auditors, commodity experts, lawyers, etc.) allows us to professionally solve systems of tasks:
Inspection of damaged property, including:
- witnessing and describing of the extent and nature of damage;
- if necessary, taking of samples for further tests;
- obtaining of primary information from the loss site;
- making of recommendations on possible ways of property salvaging and loss mitigation.
Collection of necessary information and documents, including:
- drawing up of requests for supporting documents, taking into consideration the specific features of damaged property and sphere of activities of the affected party;
- negotiations with the parties concerned and approval of the list and forms of documents used in the Insured’s management accounting and required for a proper loss investigation and adjusting.
Investigation of circumstances and identification of causes of the loss incident, including:
- making of own conclusions on technical and organisational causes of the loss incident;
- arrangement and supervision of dedicated expert investigations (with the participation of scientific and research institutes and laboratories) to establish the causes of the loss incident;
- identification of the circumstances leading to a change of risk exposure and other factors contributing to the loss occurrence / detection;
- making of recommendations on future risk mitigation.
Loss assessment, including:
- arrangement and supervision of dedicated expert investigations (with the participation of scientific and research institutes and laboratories) for assessment of the amount of loss;
- analysis of documents supporting the actual costs incurred to restore (replace) the damaged property;
- making out of alternative cost estimates for restoration (replacement) of damaged property, control of tender proposals related to the restoration (replacement) of damaged property;
- independent loss assessment;
- appraisal of the salvage value and selling options.
Analysis of the insurance (reinsurance) terms and conditions and making of recommendations on policy liability for the claimed event, including:
- identification of the place and time of the event;
- establishment of the presence / absence of insurable interest of the Insured;
- establishment of the presence / absence of property interest of the affected party / Beneficiary in the damaged property;
- legal interpretation of applicable insurance terms and conditions, cover extensions and exclusions from coverage;
- comments regarding the applicability of international clauses in Russian realities;
- identification and tracing of differences between the wordings of original and reinsurance policies.
Assessment of the amount of indemnity, including:
- check for double insurance and for the adequacy of sums insured (if applicable);
- assessment of the indemnity in respect of direct damage, extra costs and loss minimisation costs – taking into account the underinsurance revealed, limits of liability and other particularities of the policies (currency clause, VAT inclusion/exclusion, applicability of deductibles, etc.);
- apportionment of the shares of participation in the indemnity for large-scale (catastrophic) losses between several insurers concerned, taking into account differences in the wordings of policies.
Third party liability analysis, including:
- identification of the parties at fault and liable for the event;
- estimation of the most promising options for recovery / subrogation for Insurer and support during court proceedings (for instance, in case of hazardous facility owner's liability insurance).